Allana Buick & Bers, Inc. (ABBAE) was retained to provide forensic investigation, construction defect litigation support and rehabilitation design consulting services for a private residence and guest house in Northern California.
The main house is approximately 4,500 SF with a guest house of approximately 600 SF. ABBAE was retained to:
- Investigate reported leaks
- Determine the source of the water intrusion
- Determine the extent of damage
- Prepare remedial repair construction documents
- Note other construction defects encountered during the investigation and reconstruction
ABBAE performed periodic visual observation, infrared scanning, water testing, and destructive probing at the residence. The investigation identified construction defects in the following general categories: Exterior Cement Plaster (Stucco) and Stone Veneer Walls, Windows and Doors, Roof Decks, Roofing (Tile and Built-Up), Outdoor Stairwell, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical systems.