Allana Buick & Bers, Inc. (ABBAE) was retained to provide forensic investigation, construction defect litigation support and rehabilitation design consulting services for a private residence in Beverly Hills.
The house is a single story 12,000 SF ranch configuration. Exterior walls are smooth steel trowel finish stucco and stone tile fascia. The roof is a low slope mineral surfaced bituminous built-up cap sheet membrane over a plywood structural deck. Roof drainage is accomplished through interior drains. In addition, there are multiple HVAC wells built into the roof structure used to hide the larger mechanical equipment. There are numerous custom built skylights that penetrate the roof membrane including one moveable tracked skylight structure.
ABBAE provided remedial design support services for the following building envelope components:
- Replacement of entire roof system.
- Redesign of roof mounted skylights.
- Proper termination of exterior stucco wall with surrounding grade.
- Waterproofing of interior stone tile water feature.
- Retaining wall drainage system for new retaining wall.